Manager, Web Design and Development
Cary, NC · 2016 – Present
Spearheading web, mobile app and UX activities throughout the lifecycle of designing, building, and maintaining digital properties for company’s white-label partnerships (AT&T, HP, Verizon, ACN, Samsung, among others). Reporting to VP of Solutions Engineering to drive projects from concept, to wireframes and mockups, to pixel-perfect design, and through the development and delivery.
• UX and UI design for company’s many mobile app, software and web projects: wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect design.
• Manage design and dev teams: on-site, remote and offshore workforce.
• Serve as liaison between partners and design/development teams.
• Designed and built custom PlumChoice Business Services website on HubSpot CMS platform.
• Led integration of websites into company’s proprietary e-commerce backend.
Manager, Online Marketing
Lowell, MA · 2010 – 2016
Led the design and development (HTML, CSS, JS) of websites for company’s white-label partnerships, collaborating directly with partners and key stakeholders. Led the custom build-out of the company website onto WordPress CMS platform, integrating Bootstrap framework for complete mobile-to-desktop accessibility.
• Created email and social media campaigns for company and partner marketing campaigns.
• Worked cross-functionally to assist in providing materials for other internal sites and landing pages.
• Produced videos for product demos, training and marketing resources.
Music and Youth Initiative, Inc.
Freelance – Web Design and Development (WordPress)
Boston, MA · 2014 – 2014
The Music & Youth Initiative is a not-for-profit organization that creates music programs for kids of all backgrounds, to ensure that they can have opportunities to grow and learn in a fun, safe environment. When M&Y approached me, they were in need of an entire web overhaul and a thorough reassessment of how to present their organization to their donors and clubhouses. I worked closely with the Founders and the Director of the organization, consulting them on how to craft their image, and to bring it to fruition online via their site and social media strategies. Work included:
• Restructuring and reframing their site’s content (Information Architecture).
• UX design, consultancy and wireframing.
• Pixel-perfect design, including all layouts and imagery.
• WordPress implementation and development into a fully responsive site.
• E-Commerce implementation to receive donations.
• Ongoing maintenance, analytics and regular recommendations and consultation.
Web Designer and Developer [Marketing]
Lowell, MA · 2008 – 2010
Managed online marketing efforts for the company. Designed, built and updated the company website. Created landing pages for various partners. Implemented a tool for launching new affiliate channels. Designed and developed white-label sites and materials. Hand-coded front-end development: HTML, CSS, JS.
Lead Interaction Designer and Developer
Amesbury, MA · 2007 – 2008
Oversaw design and implementation for company’s e-commerce nautical lifestyle site: CapJack.com. Designed and led the development for the flagship MapTech.com website. Drove the company’s digital marketing efforts, creating video presentations for tradeshows, video tutorials, flash animations and banner ads for web campaigns. Oversaw product photoshoots for use in company’s print and catalog materials. Designed UI for Terrain Navigator Pro software.
Webmaster / UX & UI Designer / Graphic Designer
Woburn, MA · 2004 – 2007
Designed, built and maintained Percussion’s multiple websites, employing the company’s Rhythmyx Enterprise CMS software. Created marketing campaigns, including email campaigns, tradeshow collateral and booth designs. Consulted, designed and improved the company’s CMS product, providing UX design, HTML and CSS code and UI graphical elements.
Atlanta, GA · 2000 – 2003
Implemented & maintained over 21 main sport sections and countless high-content, high-traffic pages.
• Created charts, stats, tournament brackets and special features.
• Created special section landing pages for over 15 special sections each year, including the Super Bowl section, NBA, MLB and NHL playoff sections, and others.
• Creation of various special features, including a tournament bracket and quiz-making tools.
Bachelor of Arts, English
Chapel Hill, NC · – 1998
Minor – Information Systems